Let's Stay Connected

Sign up to receive our sneak peeks, beauty tips, and exclusive online offers and promotions.

Sign up today and receive 10% off your first purchase.

Loading Loading ...

There was an error. Please try again.

Thanks!

Check your inbox for your exclusive, limited-time offer.

Thank you for your continued interest in Juice Beauty.

Shop today and receive a FREE award-winning Lip Gloss. No promo code needed - Learn More

What Do The Seals Mean?

Juice Beauty Seals

U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Organic

USDA: U.S. Department of Agriculture

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) seal may be carried on products that have 95 to 98% Organic (total organic content excluding water). These products must carry the certifying agency on the product box.

Juice Beauty’s two certifying agencies for these products are noted below:

  • New Mexico Dept. of Agriculture Organic Program
    4501 Indian School Rd NE
    Suite 100 Rm G104
    Albuquerque, NM 87110

  • Agricultural Services Certified Organic
    PO Box 4871, Salinas, CA. 93912

COPA

COPA: California Organic Products Act

COPA is one of the most rigorous standards in the world. This shows that Juice Beauty buys the majority of our ingredients from USDA certified organic farmers.

In the State of California, the California Organic Products Act of 2003 (COPA 2003) prohibits the retail sale of any cosmetic product labeled as “organic” unless that product meets the criteria of a minimum of 70% organic content EXCLUDING WATER OR FANCY NAMES FOR WATER. Any product that does not meet COPA requirements cannot legally be sold in the State of California. Note that this seal (not a government seal) is used by Juice Beauty to show compliance with COPA.

NSF: National Science Foundation

NSF: National Sanitation Foundation

This certification addresses issues on chemical processes, terminology, commercial availability, product composition, calculations, and labeling as well as certified organic content. This standard utilizes the existing framework of the National Organic Program. Oregon Tilth is the NSF licensed certifier, approved by Whole Foods that we are utilizing to obtain the NSF certification.

GFCO: Gluten Free Certification

GFCO: Gluten Free Certification


Juice Beauty uses no gluten ingredients and many Juice Beauty products are certified gluten free by GFCO. GFCO certification provides a certification seal that is easily identified and provides consumer assurance that the product meets strict standards for Gluten Free. The GFCO measures results by using testing methods that are accepted for gluten testing by analytical associations such as the Association of Analytical Communities (AOAC) and the American Association of Clinical Chemistry (AACC).

Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free Certification

Leaping Bunny Cruelty Free Certification

Juice Beauty is currently certified by Leaping Bunny. The Leaping Bunny Logo shows that a cosmetic or personal care company adheres to the Corporate Standard of Compassion for Animals, and is a voluntary pledge that companies make to not test on animals during any stage of production development. This logo represents a stringent non-animal testing international standard.

PETA Cruelty-Free Certification

PETA Cruelty-Free Certification


Juice Beauty is certified by PETA’s Cruelty-Free list, and is recognized with a Courage in Commerce Award for reaffirming its commitment to compassion by promising that tests on animals will never be conducted for its products, formulations, or ingredients anywhere in the world.

Other Seals

Ecocert

Approximately 10% organic content regulation in the EU.

Brands that are claiming “certified by EcoCert” do NOT meet the legal requirements for organic in the U.S. Eco-Cert standards are based on the EU regulatory definition of “organic” which requires that the total organic content total approximately 10%.

This regulation is not recognized in the United States.

Cosmetique Bio - NPA

Must contain at least 95% NATURAL (not organic) ingredients.

These are not government seals. Products that are bearing these seals contain mainly natural (not organic) ingredients. Natural ingredient must be naturally derived or come from renewable resources such as plants. Products are not tested on animals and are packaged using recycled materials.

Soil Association

A UK based certifying body that awards its seal to products whose total contents are 70% certified organic and the remaining 30% ingredients are non-toxic, plant-based, GMO-free ingredients which pose no known risk to health or the environment.

This regulation is not recognized in the United States.